Learn appropriate methods and techniques for teaching language skills, vocabulary, and grammar to adult learners, and understand the appropriate assessments you'll need to measure progress.
In this course, you will learn:
- the principles of adult education
- techniques and methods for teaching language skills, vocabulary, and grammar to adult learners in ESL and EFL contexts
- assessment approaches and tools to evaluate student learning.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
The course is divided into six modules, each with several tasks and a culminating activity:
- discuss the types of activities that support adult learners’ language acquisition
- identify the key elements of effective adult ESOL instruction
- use different types of assessment tools for evaluating learners’ proficiencies in various skill levels
Module 1: Overview of Adult ESOL Instruction
Module 2: Reading & Literacy
Module 3: Listening & Vocabulary
Module 4: Speaking & Pronunciation
Module 5: Grammar
Module 6: Writing
Note: Self-study courses do not count toward the TESOL Core Certificate Program (TCCP). For questions about the TCCP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.