Set yourself apart and teach almost anywhere in the world with a certificate from TESOL International Association, the globally-recognized trusted provider of ELT professional learning.
The TESOL Core Certificate Program (TCCP) is aligned to TESOL’s Standards for Short-Term TEFL/TESL Certificate Programs
and was developed by experts in the TESOL field. Gain foundational knowledge in the theory and practice of English language teaching (ELT), focus your skills on teaching adult or young learners, and apply what you’ve learned through an in-person or virtual teaching practicum.
The TESOL Core Certificate Program (TCCP) is a 140-hour blended-learning program, meaning that a portion of the program is completed online and a portion of the program is completed in person. To earn the TESOL Core Certificate, participants must successfully complete three parts:
- 60-hour (6-week) online foundation course on the fundamentals of TESOL
- 60-hour (6-week) online specialty course on teaching adults or young learners (choose one)
- 20-hour teaching practicum
- 10 hours of in-person or virtual classroom observation
- 10 hours of in-person or virtual practice teaching
- Submission of two 15-minute videos
TESOL is authorized by IACET to offer 14 CEUs
for this online certificate program. No partial CEUs will be given to registrants who do not complete the course. For more information about CEUs, please go to www.tesol.org/CEUs