|For young learners to adults, New Ways in Teaching with Games offers over
90 fresh activities — each with video instruction — that involve play and
games that will enrich your EFL and ESL classrooms. This innovative volume
- Introduces traditional, online, and commercial games and explains
how they can be used to practice language;
- Illustrates games that can reinforce language across the four
skill areas, and encourage both culturally and pragmatically
appropriate language productions; and
- Enriches language classrooms with a variety of innovative,
leaner-friendly games that are seamlessly tied to language practice.
Using gamification for your ESL classroom turns repetitive
exercises into meaningful and fun activities!
The activities are broken down by topic including:
- Traditional Pencil and Paper Games
- Dice Games
- Board Games
- Card Games
- Technology-Mediated Games: Online, Apps, and More
- Miscellaneous Games
Video instructions included for each activity!